Counts

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

My Transformation

I was reflecting on past memories when I realised how much I've transformed.

I used to be the one always hiding at a corner; afraid of even raising my hand to ask questions in class....

I used to stutter whenever someone unfamiliar talks to me; even unable to maintain a mutual eye-contact with them...

However, ever since my family especially my sis encouraged me to step out of my comfort zone and pursue my passion - performing on stage in front of an audience, I realised I found a NEW me.

Never would I have thought that I'll be able to sing and dance confidently in front of a large audience....needless to say even hosting performances and competitions.


I sometimes ask myself," Is this really who I am?", "Do I really like what I'm doing now?".

And I can now confidently answer "YES" =D

I feel an immense sense of satisfaction whenever I do well on stage; when my performances are well-received by the audience. I feel glad and appreciative when people like what my sis and I are doing. I feel encouraged whenever my family and friends go down to show their support for us during our performances. I feel lucky and loved whenever my TRUE friends (you know who you are) are there for me whenever I am down; even bearing with my random annoying nonsense/moodswings/tight schedule - (I feel especially guilty for causing inconveniences during project meet-ups since they are always accommadating to my schedule). I am really grateful to have these angels with me =D =D =D

Recently after a performance, a couple of little girls approached my sis and I and told us that they want to be like us when they grow up. When they held my hands and smiled at me, I wanted to cry...I was so touched that I was lost for words. ---(Ok this may sound dramatic like the recent Jack Neo controversy) But anyways, yeah that was what I really felt at that point of time.

Looking back at what I've done, meeting different kinds of people, experiencing many new experiences, I've really learnt much and grown up.

I feel blessed, loved and valued; and I really appreciate those who really care about me.

I love what I'm doing. I love the new me.

Sincerely,
Camellia

PS: I sound like an old woman now reminiscing...hahaha


No comments: